Other issues

Do schools require a liquor licence before alcohol can be sold on the premises?

The issue of schools and alcohol is always a sensitive one, but there are occasions (e.g. an adults only fundraiser), when a school may wish to sell alcohol to parents, teachers or others aged 18+ on the school site.

Others using or hiring the school site (e.g. for a wedding) may also want to sell alcohol. The sale of alcohol always requires the seller to have a liquor licence.

Note: it is illegal to raffle alcohol.

Tell a colleague | Back to top